RE: Randall's misfortune

To: "jonmac" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>, "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Randall's misfortune
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2004 08:55:31 -0700
> At this point, I feel I can break cover and let the list know
> that Randall's
> seemingly encyclopaedic knowledge about "technical matters Triumph" have
> impressed a few of the older 'factory' hands in the UK who are definitely
> periodic lurkers to the extent that we have christened him 'Mr. Ivy
> Cottage.'

I am speechless !  Thank you !

> but there IS something we can do for him
> to help him
> spend the cheque he'll ultimately receive.

While I greatly appreciate all the support and offers of help, I haven't
(yet) given up the fantasy of having TS39781LO repaired.  Even if that means
replacing all of the sheet metal except the commission number plate.  It was
a birthday present from my late wife, symbol of happier times and yes, I am
rather attached to it.

What I could mostly use at this point is reports of cars in similar
condition ("20 foot" paint job, lots of small modifications, reliable
transportation) and what they recently sold for.

Thanks again to everyone for all the support.  I've tried to respond
privately to everyone ... please don't take it as a slight if I've missed
you.

Randall

Check out the new British Cars Forum: