RE: TR3 rear spring

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR3 rear spring
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2004 07:35:13 -0700
> I have limited experience with the TR3 chassis ---- my question
> is, can the
> TR3 rear leaf spring be removed from the front stud with the body on the
> chassis?

No.  But the 'stud' is designed to be removable.  It's actually a pin that
goes through a tube in the frame, and the head is tapped for an extractor.
Lots of them have "become one" over the years, but I was able to get mine
out.

Ken G. once told me that the dealer mechanics, rather than messing with the
extractor, would drill a hole through the sill and use a drift & BFH to
drive the pin out.  Afterwards, they just stuck a chrome plug in the hole &
return the car that way.

Randall

Check out the new British Cars Forum: