Re: Electric fan for TR3A

Subject: Re: Electric fan for TR3A
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 06:09:28 -0700
> I have just ordered a 12" Hayden electric fan for my TR3A. However,
> I've
> just been told that 12" is too big and that I should go with a 10"
> fan. I'd
> prefer to go with the bigger fan if it'll fit.
>
> Does anyone know if the 12" Hayden fan will fit on a TR3A?

I don't remember the dia of mine and I'm not ready to remove the front
grille for the sole purpose of measuring the dia of the fan blade.

However. I did pick one that was closest to the width of the radiator
core and mounted it on the front as a pusher.   I did have to cut out a
rectangular section out of the centre bottom of the front apron to get
the fan to fit.   I've saved the cut out part in case a future owner
wants to weld it back into place.

Also I added an overflow bottle from a GT6 (bottom mount).  It is
sitting on the right side of the radiator apron right behind the black
cardboard baffling.  It is invisible when everything is assembled.

T.J. Wakeman

Never let anyone drive you crazy when you know it's within walking
distance.

Check out the new British Cars Forum: