RE: Pumpkin Juice for TR3A

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Pumpkin Juice for TR3A
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2004 18:16:55 -0700
> I need to know the right oil to put in the pumpkin of my TR3A.

Personally, I use Valvoline full synthetic 75W90 gear oil.  It is a GL-5
rated oil, but I believe that it has relatively little of the additive that
can corrode "yellow metal", due to the better properties of the synthetic
base stock. Available at most parts stores, Pep Boys, AutoZone, NAPA, etc.

The diff in my 3A is well worn, but it hasn't seemed to get any worse since
I switched to the synthetic about 10 years ago.

Randall

Check out the new British Cars Forum: