Re: GT6 trans seal

To: theshoe5@comcast.net
Subject: Re: GT6 trans seal
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 23:11:03 EDT
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
In a message dated 9/13/2004 1:05:13 PM Central Standard Time,
theshoe5@comcast.net writes:
Any GT6 owners on the list? I have a question regarding the rear trans seal on
a non overdrive trans. Is it possible to replace the seal with the trans in
the car. I'm going to replace the carpet set soon and I would like to fix the
leaking seal when the seats and everything are removed. I'm hoping with the
trans mount loose there will be enough room to jack up the back of the trans
and get to the seal without completely removing the trans. Has anyone done
this before?
Alan
'69 GT6
The factory manual indicates that you can remove the rear extension and thus
replace the rear seal without removing the tranny. There is a seperate section
on the procedure.

Never done it.

Tom Beaver
73 GT6