RE: GT6 trans seal

To: "'Alan'" <theshoe5@comcast.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: GT6 trans seal
From: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 12:03:08 -0700
-----Original Message-----
From: owner-triumphs@autox.team.net
[mailto:owner-triumphs@autox.team.net] On Behalf Of Alan
Sent: Monday, September 13, 2004 11:03 AM
To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: GT6 trans seal

Any GT6 owners on the list? I have a question regarding the rear trans
seal on
a non overdrive trans. Is it possible to replace the seal with the trans
in
the car. I'm going to replace the carpet set soon and I would like to
fix the
leaking seal when the seats and everything are removed. I'm hoping with
the
trans mount loose there will be enough room to jack up the back of the
trans
and get to the seal without completely removing the trans. Has anyone
done
this before?
Alan
'69 GT6

You should be able to, but you will have to remove the flange before you
can get to the seal.  That is easier done on a bench but might we worth
the effort to save you from having to R&R the gearbox.

If it proves to be too difficult, you will already have the interior
removed so that you can go about removing the gearbox.

Let me know how it goes.

Joe

Check out the new British Cars Forum: