She runs!

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: She runs!
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 13:43:37 -0700
Cc: spitfires@autox.team.net
Well I got the wife's Spitfire running - Finally!! Good oil pessure and no
funny noises.  It 's probably been 15 or more years since this car has been
running let alone on the road, but she's almost done - Still to close to
say if this car will make it to Triumphest, but I'm still trying.  I have
to finish the seats, and a few other little things, but we'll see.  I had
to substitute the 76 electronic dizzy for an earlier points type just to
get it to start and run so I could break in the cam, set the timing, and
mixture.  Don't seem to be able to find a wiring diagram that matches the
color codes I have on the distributor.  The only wire that is different is
the red/black on the dizzy.  All the color coded diagrams that I have show
the dizzy to have a white, white/blue, and a white/black wire.  The dizzy I
have has white/blue, white/black, and red/black and so does the replacement
module that I have for it!  So I wired it the same as the diagram, except
the I substituted the red/black for the white - wouldn't work I'll try the
replacement module and see if that's the problem, but I don't hold out much
hope.  Anyway, I forgot how buzzy and noisy the little four banger is - I'm
used to six cylinders - which is why I still may take my car, just too long
a drive for this old fart in a buzz box!
---