RE: CA Year of Mfg. license plates.

To: "'Jim Bauder'" <jimbpps@cox.net>, "bn1@pacbell.net" <bn1@pacbell.net>, TR List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: CA Year of Mfg. license plates.
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 16:42:25 -0700
Be aware, when I registered my TR4A a few years back, it hadn't been registered
since 1985 and wasn't in the CA DMV database any longer. The DMV then told me
that they would honor my request to keep the black plates BECAUSE they were
originally issued to the car and I could prove it. They would not allow me to
use any other plate number, regardless of whether it was from a yellow, black
or blue plate. It was either my original plate number, or new white plates. I
could have custom plates but they could only be white plates.

Good luck and I hope you can convince them otherwise.

Note: in CA it's illegal to have the plates remanufactured as well.

John

On Tuesday, September 14, 2004 8:50 AM, Jim Bauder [SMTP:jimbpps@cox.net]
wrote:
> You might check EBay!
>
> I have a set of black w/yellow plates (VPH 964) that I will be selling on
> EBay that came off my California '68 TR250. Unfortunately, they aren't old
> enough for your needs!
>
> Jim Bauder
> '58 TR3
> (New!) '68 TR250