RE: TR2/3 installation of rear seal

To: "Angelo Graham" <a3graham@admmail.uwaterloo.ca>, "TR List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR2/3 installation of rear seal
From: "Jim Bauder" <jimbpps@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2004 15:25:54 -0700
Angelo,

As far as I am concerned the ONLY way to center the seal is with the
mandrel.

The mandrels are available from Moss and I believe The Roadster Factory,
probably as well from Moss UK.

The process sounds worse than it actually is. All you are trying to do is
locate the seal so that the crank will be centered in the seal. If you have
a lot of miles on the car you may want to consider replacing the both halves
of the scroll seal assembly, again they are available from the usual
suppliers.

NFI and YMMV, Good luck,

Regards,

Jim Bauder