Spedo drive puller

To: "Triumph List" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>, "6 pack digest" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Spedo drive puller
From: "Marty Sukey" <mjsukey@eriecoast.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2004 19:45:44 -0400
It seems as though every time I disassemble a transmission I struggle pulling
the Speedo drive out. Naturally I never have a junk cable laying around to
thread over it so I screw around for ever trying not to damage the aluminum
threads. There is probably some neat trick but I don't know it.  So this time
I had a plug machined up with a 3/4-26 thread on one end and a 1/4-20 on the
other.  Screw it over the drive, put a bolt in the other end and pull that
sucker out.  I had a couple  extra machined up while they were at it.  They
are made from stainless steel so I could toss it in the parts box and not
worry about it rusting.  If any body wants one of the extra's drop me a line,
$10 plus what it cost to mail.  I know it fits TR6 and GT6, beyond that I
don't know.

Marty Sukey

Check out the new British Cars Forum: