RE: 1960 TR3A caliper rebuild

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: 1960 TR3A caliper rebuild
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2004 20:30:06 -0700
> I'm rebuilding the front calipers, and hope I can get some help
> here. The
> rubber kit has 4 cicular gaskets, plus the two dust caps. I can
> see where one
> gasket gets recesses into the caliper, but where on the new
> piston do I place
> the other one? TIA for any help

Terry, I think there is something wrong with your kit, perhaps it's made to
fit multiple calipers or something.  Each TR3 caliper has only two circular
seals, which fit into the grooves in the caliper itself, plus two dust boots
that fit over the lip on the caliper and into the groove on the piston.
There are no other seals that go on the piston or in the caliper.

Randall

Check out the new British Cars Forum: