Re: transmission and o/d fluid

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: transmission and o/d fluid
From: "John A. Wise" <Wise@erau.edu>
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2004 17:46:57 -0700
>I don't know if the garden sprayer will handle a 90 weight viscosity but
>I used to ude them to spray automatic transmission fliuf.  They worked
>fine for that.  Of course if you take the spray tip off they should
>handle any viscosity oil.
>--
>       Best Regards,
>       Tom

I use a funnel & a piece of clear plastic tubing.  I put the funnel
high up in the engine compartment & attach it to a piece of clear
plastic tubing running down into the tranny oil input hole.  I slowly
pour the specified amount of oil in the funnel & watch it go down
inside the tubing,  When I get to 90% of specified capacity I pour
more slowly & wait for the extra oil to begin to leak out.  Go under
the car & pull the hose out of the tranny & put it into an oil bottle
(till it drains) put the plug back in.  Clean the funnel & I am done.

John

John A. Wise, Ph.D., CPE
Dept of Distance Education
Embry-Riddle University