RR#1 Shimmy -Culprit identified

To: "" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RR#1 Shimmy -Culprit identified
From: "" <chammock@iquest.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2004 11:03:46 -0500
Well, it was not a bent frame, bad wheel or tire out of round.
It was the only piece of the front end I did not replace - because it seemeded
perfectly fine on the bench.
The steering idler has play in it - let's the passenger wheel move 1/2" side
to side on its own (about 1/8" of vertical movement at the end of the idler
arm.

I send this to thank those who responded with great suggestions, and to remind
others getting ready for a front end rebuid to just replace everything and be
done with it.  It sure would have been easier to replace with the front of the
car disassembled :-(

Oh well, middle-aged and still learning

Perry Hammock
60 TR3A - tr 70K+ LO