Re: Will a TR3 transmission tunnel fit the TR4?

To: BigOldWumper@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Will a TR3 transmission tunnel fit the TR4?
From: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 06:15:25 -0500
No, the tunnels are different dimensions. I thought they were the same
until I tried to install a metal TR3 tunnel in my TR4. The TR3 tunnel,
surprisingly, is taller, so at the back there will be about a 3/4" gap over
the driveshaft tunnel, and at the front it is taller too. I ended up
sectioning the whole thing and welding it back together, but you've got to
want it pretty badly to go to that amount of trouble.

At 12:46 AM 9/13/2004, BigOldWumper@aol.com wrote:
>Are the earlier steel TR3 tunnels the same dimensions and interchangeable
>with the later TR4 and TR4A cardboard tunnels?
>
>Thanks,
>Sean

uncle jack

Check out the new British Cars Forum: