RE: TR3 Wiring Harnesses & Stator Tube with any abuse report

To: tr3driver@comcast.net, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: TR3 Wiring Harnesses & Stator Tube with any abuse report
From: "Stephen Peca" <sppchicago@excite.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 19:00:04 -0400 (EDT)
Randall,Thanks for the advice. I'll probably create my own harness; I am fairly
good with wiring. The more I look at what's there now, it appears that is what
a previous owner had done.On another subject, I have been following the stator
tube thread and will contact Realey Healey. But a question, is there some way
to fabricate the thing that prevents the stator tube from spinning freely? Or
should I not bother and just buy a new one? Won't the new one break as
well?Steve PecaAnnandale, New Jersey1958 TR3A - TS23867L--- On Fri 09/17,
From: Randall [mailto: tr3driver@comcast.net]To: sppchicago@excite.comDate:
Fri, 17 Sep 2004 15:03:11 -0700Subject: RE: TR3 Wiring Harnesses - Dumb
QuestionsHi Steve :You wrote :&gt; The sub-harness is shown in the 08-2204 Moss
catalog as part no. 355-740.It is listed as not available.I'm not sure exactly
what that is. There is no subharness for the horns,unless perhaps they're
talking about the one that runs through the statortube.&gt; I took another look
at the British Wiring site (using your link). MaybeI'm blind, but I don't see
the&gt; subharnesses listed. Could you point to them please?Go
tohttp://www.britishwiring.com/Tri_TR.PDFand scroll down. You'll see P/N "SC94"
for the subharness that runs up thestator tube,"141" (with suitable suffix) for
the subharnesses from the bullet connectorsto the headlights (which normally
stay attached to the headlight buckets)."BW51" for the front turn/park
lampsetc.&gt; I am trying to avoid purchasing the main harness, because I
simply don'tneed itAs I see it, you do need a main harness. It's sold as a
unit, since it isall sheathed together. You can try to claim it's really made
up ofsubharnesses, but that's not the way Triumph built it, nor the way
thevendors sell it.&gt; If I can't find intact harnesses, I will build one
using materials fromDan Masters.Seems reasonable to me, if that's what you
want.Randall

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com

Check out the new British Cars Forum: