RE: HOLD YOUR HEAD UP

To: "tri" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: HOLD YOUR HEAD UP
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 10:41:05 -0700
> Regardless of what model's head it
> originally was used as, I have gone ahead and put all 5/16 diameter valves
and
> valve guides back in it.

Did you have to use the special "conversion" guides for the exhaust valves ?
If not, then you started with a late 4 or 4A head.

>  This head requires me to use the larger diameter
> valve springs.

How, exactly, does the head require larger diameter springs ?

> The machinist says it looks okay, but he knows nothing about
> these cars.  Is
> this going to work?

I wouldn't want to take bets on it ...

> Do all model's with the larger diameter valve spings use the same valve
> springs? (I am using double valve springs)

There were definitely different valve springs used, but AFAIK the outer
spring always had the same od.

Randall

Check out the new British Cars Forum: