HOLD YOUR HEAD UP

To: "tri" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: HOLD YOUR HEAD UP
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 21:38:22 -0400
Hi,
I am trying to put my TR4 or TR4A engine back togather, however, the cylinder
head might have come off a TR2 or 3.  Regardless of what model's head it
originally was used as, I have gone ahead and put all 5/16 diameter valves and
valve guides back in it.  This head requires me to use the larger diameter
valve springs.

The machinist says it looks okay, but he knows nothing about these cars.  Is
this going to work?
Do all model's with the larger diameter valve spings use the same valve
springs? (I am using double valve springs)

Thanks,
Paul Dorsey

Check out the new British Cars Forum: