TR6 Starter goes on and on

To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: TR6 Starter goes on and on
From: Tom Bottman <tbottman@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 18:22:54 -0600
The starter on my 74 TR6 has developed a sticky problem. Started with short
little events during startup, where the starter would stay engaged after the
motor started, and after the key was switched to the drive position. Evolved
to where the starter would stay engaged after the key was turned to the off
position, and I had to stop things by disconnecting the battery cable.
So . . . replace the ignition switch???????
Tom Bottman
74 TR6
59 TR3
both great daily drivers in SLC UT