Re: Wheel cyliners and temp gauges

To: tr3driver@comcast.net, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Wheel cyliners and temp gauges
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2004 19:44:03 EDT
In a message dated 10/3/04 5:00:30 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
tr3driver@comcast.net writes:

>  However my clutch is shot,

How do you know ?  TR3 clutches last  almost forever, so I'd say chances are
high that there is something else  wrong.  Have you double checked all the
adjustments ?

If you do  change the clutch, and haven't already, I would definitely
recommend  reinforcing the infamous taper pin with an additional 1/4" bolt at
right  angles.  There used to be a good article on this on the  Buckeye
Triumph site, but it seems to have been taken down.  Anyone  know why ?

Randall,
Other than bleeding the clutch slave, what other adjustments would there  be?
The car sat for 3 years before I got it. I did the brakes as they were
frozen. Yesterday when I drove it, top speed was about 20, then it slowly
slowly
lost any oomph. Not as in engine power, but as in power to the rear. I can slip
 it into gear no problem, (i.e. no grinding, with or without the clutch
engaged)  but then I get nothing.

Check out the new British Cars Forum: