Re: Wheel cyliners and temp gauges

To: TR <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Wheel cyliners and temp gauges
From: Geo Hahn <ahwahnee@cybertrails.com>
Date: Sun, 03 Oct 2004 11:33:41 -0700
Harlyred1@aol.com wrote:

>...Other than finding one on eBay, is anyone aware of a source for a
>replacement? Has anyone found an electric gauge that serves the purpose? All
>due
>repect to the purists, I plan on using this car as a daily driver and I just
>want to be able to know how the water temp is...

I think the places that restore gauges (e.g. MoMa) should be able to
help you, but not be cheap.

You could use a TR4 electric gauge and sending unit which would fit &
work fine but not match your other gauges (needle is shrouded and points
down).

If you're very fortunate you might find a late TR3 (TR3B?) electric
gauge which would match your other gauges and uses a sending unit.

Geo Hahn
59 TR3A
64 TR4
Mt Lemmon, AZ