RE: Turn Signal Woes

To: "TR" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Turn Signal Woes
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2004 14:09:56 -0700
> There is this (not what you are referring to):
>
> http://www.wavewired.net/~tracy/trafficator/trafficator.htm
>
> Limited use as it is only pics (and is for a Healey I think) though the
> innards look about the same.

Innermost parts look very similar, but there are some differences.

On the TR, there's no need to pry anything apart, the chrome ring does not
hold the horn button in place and you'll likely ruin the chrome if you try
to pry it off.  The front cover is what holds the horn button, and there are
3 screws in the back that hold the front cover on.  There's also a screw
that holds the chrome lever to the mechanism, which ISTR has to be removed.

I'm not sure what's happening in the 3rd photo, but there's also nothing to
pry apart there on the TR.

The rest of it looks similar enough to the TR.

Randall

Check out the new British Cars Forum: