Re: Turn Signal Woes

To: TR <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Turn Signal Woes
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2004 13:06:35 -0700
Bill & Skip Pugh wrote:

> Hi  List  ... the  right  side  of  my  turn signals have stopped
> working ... 1957 TR3 ... I have diagnosed that there  is no power
> coming out of the  steering wheel gear box for that side, and the
> moving the  lever to the right feels a little "mushy".
> It leaves  me (I  think) as an only option to disassemble the control
> head  ...  I have heard good and really bad things about this ... so
> the question is "Just how hard is it?" And what should I be looking
> for and what should I avoid.

Bill --

In the past Fred T has provided me (and several others on the list) a
copy of a Control Head Rebuild tech session video.  Really good
step-by-step.  Also includes a video of a Water Pump Rebuild.  To spare
Fred from being the only source, I can make you a copy of my copy
(should be viewable).  I will even throw in some bonus footage for your
amusement.

If you're going this route you should have the video -- send me your
address if you want it.

BTW - I labeled mine "Jane Austen's Control Head Rebuild" to discourage
my wife from discarding it.

Geo Hahn
59 TR3
64 TR4