Re: Suspension rattle!

To: "Jim Bauder" <jimbpps@cox.net>, "TR List" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Suspension rattle!
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 20:12:10 -0500
Lurker here ;)!!

Ed says:

[QUOTE]

" out of "order of your post Jim, BUT!!!!:

<<I will bolt it all back together tomorrow AM.>>

S T O P ! (please)

<<...once used nylon lock nuts.>>

Do you mean you actually did RE-use???  Serious NoNo!!!

<<I just got back from Ace Hardware where I purchased 4) Allen
head socket screws and new nylon lock nuts...>>

And you know for FACT that ALL are Certified Grade 5 (automotive usage)???

Most hardware store fasteners are NOT !!!  And you do NOT want to use LESS
that Grade 5 nor do you want to use Grade 8 in/on a car!!!

Regards........

Ed
'73 Black Tulip MGB (Murial)
'63 BJ-7 (Hortense THE Healey)
Founding Member & Delegate, ILLINI Chapter-AHCA (+25 years)
Member & Tech Contact, AHCUSA
Member of too many other LBC Clubs to List!

Ed Kaler, Proprietor
" Just Brits "
Please visit my web site at:  www.justbrits.com

[END QUOTE]