Suspension rattle!

To: "TR List" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Suspension rattle!
From: "Jim Bauder" <jimbpps@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 15:26:38 -0700
Some of you may have heard that I "broke" something in the rear suspension
of the TR3, on the way up to Lake Tahoe for Triumphest. I was unable to see
anything amiss and finally decided that I would just drive home and check it
out here.

Well, I lost both bolts holding the right rear lever shock to its hanger! I
pulled both the left and right sides apart this morning. I found the left
side loose! I just got back from Ace Hardware where I purchased 4) Allen
head socket screws and new nylon lock nuts to replace the standard cap
screws and once used nylon lock nuts. I will bolt it all back together
tomorrow AM. It will be on the road for the Breakfast Drive this Sunday.

All I need to do now is solve the intermittent O/D!! But that shouldn't be
too bad, I hope.

I enjoyed the trip to Tahoe, good company and only a few problems! Great
Triumphest!!

Regards,

Jim

Jim Bauder