Re: Wiring harness

To: TR <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Wiring harness
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 11:29:25 -0700
McRuss wrote:

>I need to rewire my dash

I agree with Andy's thoughts that most of the work is in the dash dur to
number of connections in a tight space.  The boot & bonnet connections
are few and easy to get at.  If you decide to rewire I have also have a
'64 which has (AFAIK) an original unmolested harness and would be happy
to take any pics that would help with the task.  As for a wiring diagram
-- there is a good 'logical' one here:

http://www.britishv8.org/techhome.htm

Alternately the ones in Haynes & the TR4 owners manuals have appeared to
be accurate when I have consulted them (they are more literal than Dan
Masters').

If you do this please consider saving the old harness as some of the
connectors are of value and (I think) no longer available.

Geo Hahn
64 TR4
Mt Lemmon, AZ

Check out the new British Cars Forum: