Re: Wiring harness

To: wtrrtw@yahoo.com (McRuss), triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Wiring harness
From: ZoboHerald@aol.com
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 10:52:17 -0400
In a message dated 10/18/2004 9:42:30 AM Eastern Daylight Time, McRuss
<wtrrtw@yahoo.com> writes:

>I need to rewire my dash but all I seem to see in the catalogs are pretty
>complete.  Is there any option to buying the whole thing and just using the
>dash portion?  Has anyone built a dash harness from scratch?  It seems doable
>but I'm not sure where to start.  I do have a wiring diagram for an earlier
>car (oh, mine is a '64 TR4) and it is probably close enough.

=======

Seems to me that the dash portion is such a major part of the "whole" wiring
harness on most Triumphs that it's not worth trying to do JUST that section. I
suspect you'd have more trouble building a harness just for that area and then
trying to somehow splice it in to whatever's left (which isn't very
much...mostly, it's just the relatively few underhood connections to ignition
and charging systems and lights). With planning, maybe a bit of physical help
and some good guidelines, replacing the entire harness on a TR4 shouldn't be
more than a single-day-long job at worst. But make sure you do have the correct
diagram for your car!

--Andy Mace

Check out the new British Cars Forum: