RE: 1960 TR3, again

To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: 1960 TR3, again
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 08:02:20 -0700
> I had a problem with the rear brakes sticking, I have new lines,
> master and
> wheel cylinders. They have been bled.
> I realized that the only problem could be the springs.  I say
> this as  they
> are fine until I actually depress the pedal, then the wheels will
> only move
> under motor power, not by hand .

Have you tried cracking a bleed valve at that point, to see if the fluid is
under pressure in the rear cylinders ?  IMO that is more likely than a
spring problem.  If opening a bleed valve releases the brakes, then you know
it's a hydraulic problem.

> The spring nearest the adjuster, I believe goes into the second
> hole of the
> top shoe , and the 1st hole of the bottom, correct?

I don't recall for sure which holes offhand, but I'm certain the springs
should not be at an angle.  As I recall, it's the pair of holes farthest
from both the adjuster and the cylinder.

Randall

Check out the new British Cars Forum: