1960 TR3, again

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: 1960 TR3, again
From: Harlyred1@aol.com
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 10:38:52 EDT
Again, my many thanks to all who responded to the timing questions. Fred
sent a VERY helpful pdf file that helped me do the trick.
I had a problem with the rear brakes sticking, I have new lines, master and
wheel cylinders. They have been bled.
I realized that the only problem could be the springs.  I say this as  they
are fine until I actually depress the pedal, then the wheels will only move
under motor power, not by hand . In trying to attach them properly, or what I
think is properly I'm runnning into yet another quandary.
The spring nearest the adjuster, I believe goes into the second hole of the
top shoe , and the 1st hole of the bottom, correct? Is is the same for the
spring near the wheel cylinder? I've done it in varying combination and the
shoes just arent sitting right.
Again, much appreciation to all who respond both on list and direct.

Terry F
Hampton Bays NY, (trying to get the car out for a few rides befor the North
Winds take over)

Check out the new British Cars Forum: