RE: Anyone have a headlight rim?

To: "T. S. White" <tswrace@pacbell.net>
Subject: RE: Anyone have a headlight rim?
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2004 11:21:40 -0700
Cc: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
> Subject: Anyone have a headlight rim?

Tom, it would help if you could identify what sort of headlight rim you're
looking for.  There were at least 4 different rims fitted to TR3/A :

Earliest type was TR3 only, had a screw at the bottom to hold the rim on.
500929

Middle type was early TR3A, still had a screw at the bottom, but it ran
crosswise.  119165

Slightly later TR3A was narrower and used a spring clip to hold the rim.
119072 ?

Middle TR3A was wider and used a spring clip 124020 ?

Possibly the very last TR3A/B used a narrower rim again, I'm not sure just
when the change back occurred.  I suspect the late narrow rims were not
identical to the earlier ones, but again I'm not sure about that.

Randall

Check out the new British Cars Forum: