Oil Pinion Seal

To: <6pack@Autox.Team.Net>, <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Oil Pinion Seal
From: "Adam C Beasley" <adam@adambeasley.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2004 09:19:41 -0400
First off, thanks to everyone again for answering my questions about the Oil
cooler and engine revs!

I was looking under the rear of my car last night and I've noticed my
differential is still leaking along with both my lever arms. I'm assuming
from the pinion seal on the diff.  About a month ago I traced it back to the
pinion seal area of the housing.  Since then I had cleaned off the "breather
pin" and hoped that would help, but it doesn't seem to be.

How difficult is this to replace myself.  Also, can this be done while the
differential is in the car?  I'm considering trying to find a shop locally
that will repair the diff and strengthen the differential mounts also if the
differential has to be dropped.

Thanks!

Adam

73 Tr6