Oil Pinion Seal

To: Chris Kantarjiev <cak@dimebank.com>
Subject: Oil Pinion Seal
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2004 17:51:31 -0400
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net i96Lrs5e031769
Message text written by Chris Kantarjiev
>Don't know about the access difficulties specific to a '73; I've
done this in the car in a TR4A, which is essentially the same diff.
<

I'll bet the TR4A is like the early TR6's where you can undo the front
U-joint flange bolts and withdraw the driveshaft all together.  The 73 and
later TR6's have a rear mount that blocks access to these bolts and you
can't remove the driveshaft without pulling the transmission tunnel and
going at them from above.  It is less work to drop the diff.

Dave

Check out the new British Cars Forum: