TR4A Electrical System

To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: TR4A Electrical System
From: "Renee Morris" <a5a44201@telus.net>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2004 16:40:38 -0700
I'm assembling a 1967 TR4A which was purchased from another fellow
mid-restoration. As such, I have never seen the car together and
assembling it is a little challenging at times (despite the help from
the repair manual).

I'm now working on the electrical system, and although the wiring
diagram is of some help, I was wondering if someone could provide a few
words on how the charging circuit works (i.e. the relationship between
the generator, voltage regulator, ammeter and battery).

Also, in my box of electrical items I appear to have a steering column
mounted light switch, a dash mounted light switch and a floor mounted
high beam switch. Which ones are appropriate for the vehicle?

Yours Truly,

Eric Morris
Vancouver, British Columbia
Canada