RE: TRactor Engine Overheating - An update

To: "'Geo Hahn'" <ahwahnee@cybertrails.com>, TR <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: TRactor Engine Overheating - An update
From: John & Patricia Donnelly <pdonnel1@san.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 20:10:45 -0700
The TR4A had the "block test" today. Yes, we have exhaust gas leaks.

And, the overheating has gotten worse. But, that's the good news because
decifering the problem has gotten easier. I ran another compression test. No 1
and 4 are significantly down. The head is coming off tomorrow. I'll be looking
for burn marks.

Moss suggests I run with a solid copper gasket, but I've had sealing problems
with one before. So, I've settled for a standard copper sandwich gasket for
now. I will also talk to GasketWorks regarding a real 87 mm gasket for the long
term.

Thanks!
John