RE: TR4: recommended o/d tranny rebuilder?

To: "Triumph" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: TR4: recommended o/d tranny rebuilder?
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2004 16:13:56 -0700
> I'm planning to send my growling TR4 overdrive tranny out for a rebuild.
> I'd appreciate recommendations for experienced shops I should consider.
> I'm in Colorado USA but would ship if it makes sense. BTW I drained the
> fluif and it was a lovely glimmering metallic mix -- the little needle
> bearings that washed out were nice and shiny too.

As usual, I heartily recommend Herman, especially after that sort of
failure.

He's not quick (there's usually a waiting list), but he is good ... knows to
check and fix measurements that aren't even in the factory manuals.  And his
prices are, IMO, quite reasonable given the level of expertise he brings to
the job.

Herman van den Akker
1200 Freeman Dr.
Pine Mountain Club,  CA  93222
661-242-1253
handhvan@msn.com

John Esposito is supposed to be good too, but he's way over in CT (so I
haven't tried him myself).

Randall

Check out the new British Cars Forum: