Re: TR3 Starter replacement

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR3 Starter replacement
From: William Hook <wghook@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 07:59:39 -0800
I got mine from Ted Schumacher and it works great.   The nice thing
about his is that the mounting flange can be rotated to fit different
bolt patterns.  Even though it was specifically for the TR2/3, I did
need to adjust it by one notch to fit mine.  The instructions for wiring
with your existing solenoid or to by pass it and use the new one were
very clear and easy to follow.
The only problem I had was that the factory had failed to solder the
main elec. joint between the solenoid and the starter, so it took a
couple of ins and outs to find that problem.   I believe this was just
an isolated insident at the factory.  Ted would have replaced the unit
imediately without question but I wanted to get it in and running so I
fixed it.  You may want to just look under the rubber covers of the
elect connections before you put it in.... just in case yours went thru
on the same coffee break.
All in all I am very happy with it and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.

Bill Hook
57' TR3

Check out the new British Cars Forum: