Re: more than just a dist. cap difference?

To: TR <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: more than just a dist. cap difference?
From: Geo Hahn <ahwahnee@cybertrails.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 18:22:44 -0700
Paul Dorsey wrote:

>...I noticed the 3's distributor cap looks as though it's got two levels
>of wires going to the plugs, however the TR4 motor simply has 4 level plug
>wires (like my Volvo).  I would think these two caps are just designed
>differently, but is this really the case?

Probably just a different design but still could be a functional cap.
There were other designs that worked too, e.g. all five leads coming
straight up out of the cap some with push on connectors.

Some of these alternate designs may have been correct for other marques
or engines, but AFAIK the "2 level" arrangement with the spark plug
wires held in the cap with set screws were the correct fitment for both
TR3 and TR4.

Geo Hahn
59 TR3A
64 TR4