nut$ and bolt$

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: nut$ and bolt$
From: CarlSereda@aol.com
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2004 17:14:12 EDT
Hi Listers,
Are there any other reasonable alternatives for locating and buying dozens of
missing bolts, screws, washers, lockwashers, nuts, nylocs, etc. besides from
The Big 3?
I do have the Standard-Triumph Hardware Catalogue, the TR4 Parts Manual, and
TR4/4A Workshop Manual.
So far my 'immediate needs' list (ie; trunnion cross-pin nylocs, a scuttle
vent flap bolt, body-to-frame 'pointed' bolts, thick body washers with small
holes, chrome bolts, flush slot-head screws with fine thread, etc) has
confused,
frustrated, and even angered folks working at Pep Boys, Kragens, Orchard
Hardware, Ace Hardware and NAPA.
I was tempted to buy RevingtonTRs $365.00 TR total hardware package!
If I put together an exact list of all my missing fasteners - can I go
somewhere for one-stop shopping? Do I have to use mail-order only? Or is there
some
retail 'bolt-heaven' out there I can visit? Your advice appreciated.
Regards,
Carl
'63 TR4 since '74

Check out the new British Cars Forum: