re: improving TR4 steering column

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: re: improving TR4 steering column
From: CarlSereda@aol.com
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2004 22:36:57 EDT
Tom,
I'm curious what you have in mind regarding improving the TR4 steering column
- the only way I could think to improve the column was to slip in two extra
replacement bushes into the column - an extra one at top and one extra at
bottom so there are two new bushes together at both ends of the tubing. These
are
the aftermarket 'nylon in rubber' type. Seems very sturdy now. Securing the
column within the tub structure will follow. I've never really had much trouble
except the wobbling from worn out bushes and somewhat loosened bracketry under
the dash..
Carl
'63 TR4 since '74

I am planning on spending some time this winter attempting to improve
the TR4 steering column.  I am wondering if there is someone out there
that has a column and shaft they would loan me for a while?
- --
    Best Regards,
    Tom

Check out the new British Cars Forum: