Hardtop Rear Window

To: <terryrs@adelphia.net>
Subject: Hardtop Rear Window
From: "Bill Brewer" <bbrewer@qnet.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2004 22:29:46 -0700
Cc: "Triumphs" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Hi Terry,
     I have the factory steel hardtop and my rear window needs replacing. It
has become brittle with time and has a chunk cracked out of it.
     The rear window is "blown" and not a flat wrap. MOSS does indeed sell
them and they are in the catalog for $249.95, item #801-570. It is in their
catalog right after the TR3 rear body fittings and before the TR3 doors.
     The hardware kits are harder to find. I recently bought a kit that was
in stock at The Roadster Factory for abour $169 ISTR. It is complete with
all new shiney chrome parts. MOSS doesn't stock them anymore.
     I've tried picking up used hardtop hardware on Ebay and have only been
partially successful. I am still missing a couple of pieces, which has led
me to find a hardware kit. There are 5 chrome saddles that fit on the rear
rail and lots of little fittings. You have to have a hardware kit.
      I plan to do my hardtop in another year or two. I have other fish to
fry this winter. Keep me informed how your hardtop restoration is going.

     Bill Brewer
     Tehachapi, CA
     1960 TR3A