RE: TR4A Steering Rack & TR6 sighting

Subject: RE: TR4A Steering Rack & TR6 sighting
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2004 21:06:18 -0800
> 1. Inside of the steering column flexible couplings, there are grounding
> wires.  What electrical charge is this grounding?

Return path for the horn button.

> 2. Does anyone know of a supplier of the bolts that join the adapters to
> the couplings?  They have small holes drilled through the ends so that
> wire can be used to secure them, much like bolts in aircraft.

If they're not available from the usual suspects (TRF's web site shows them
in stock), then you could try Aircraft Spruce.
http://www.aircraft-spruce.com/

> 3. One of the steering rack boots is secured with two fasteners.  The
> other with one fastener and one wire.  I bought the kit from TRF and I
> can't figure out how the wire is "fastened".  Does anyone know?

I must not understand the question ... the wire is looped around the boot
and then twisted.

Randall

Check out the new British Cars Forum: