Re: Safe to regrind factory cam?

To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Safe to regrind factory cam?
From: "Kai M. Radicke" <kradicke@wishboneclassics.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2004 18:53:20 -0500
> A TR6 camshaft for $300 sounds really cheap to me, and I
> suspect it is that cheap because it may have been made
> offshore.  Caveat Emptor!
>
> [name removed to protect the ignorant]

You know, sometimes it is best advised to just not speculate on a subject
with which you are not familiar.

Steve at Integral Cams is a stand up guy and I would like anyone to find a
cam manufacturer (selling British car cams!) that can testify to having a
recent SCCA national champ among their frequent customers.  You will find an
Integral Cam in Kent Prather's MGA (5 time nat. champ; 1986, 1990, 1995,
2002, 2003) and Prather Racing uses those same cams in customer motors.

And yes, my shop is a supporter of Integral and their products.   Their
Stage 1 Supercharged cam for TR6 motors is largely based on my discussions
(circa 2000/2001) and the specs I provided to Steve for a cam I intended for
one of my past TR6s.  I believe Mitch Seff is running said supercharger cam
in his TR6...

So if anyone has a problem with Steve or Integral that I do not know of, and
wishes to inform me of, perhaps I will be less supportive of them.  If not,
then there are plenty of other GENUINE shit-peddlers in this hobby that do
deserve to be lambasted for producing sub-quality parts in Taiwan or India.

Kai

--
Kai M. Radicke
Wishbone Classics