TR3A/TR4A exhaust systems interchangagbility

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR3A/TR4A exhaust systems interchangagbility
From: N197TR4@cs.com
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 19:11:37 EST
Use TR3A manifold and headpipe, and like TeriAnn says, have shop fabricate
from there. Cheap and fast.

(You could start with TR4A exhaust manifold, but you would have to replace
longer bullnose TR3A starter....but that would affect older transmissions and
flywheels. I've done all of this, but kept the TR3A exhaust manifiold)

I used one glasspack and it was too loud. I had them add a longer glasspack
and put a Monza Dual Tip from TR6 system at the end. It has a pleasant sound,
although my lowered TR3A sometimes scrapes the body of the Monza tip on steeper
driveways.

Joe Alexander