Heater core

To: John Mitchell <jmitch@snet.net>
Subject: Heater core
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 11:59:40 -0500
Cc: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>, 6 Pack <6pack@Autox.Team.Net> iB6H2aAD014982
Message text written by John Mitchell
>    While I have my heater out of the car, is it advisable to have it
re-cored.  It looks in good shape and was just wondering if this is a
part prone to failure.
<

Recoring may be a bit extreme but have it checked out at least.  I put an
untested core in my TR8 when I had it apart.  It didn't leak but it also
didn't heat.  I wound up taking the whole dash apart and removing the
heater to swap it out.  Don't make the same mistake.

Dave Massey
57 TR3
71 TR6
80 TR8

P.S. The radiator shop said the heater core was built like a tank.  Unlike
those used in modern cars these are quite robust.