Re: Fly-off Handbrake

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Fly-off Handbrake
From: francis precht <fprecht@frostburg.edu>
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2004 11:48:31 -0500
I have a related question regarding the fly-off handbrake on the TR4A.
 How can I increase its' holding power/efficiency ?
It seems I remember reading somewhere that the linkage was re-engineered
from the 4 to 4A along with repositioning it to the tunnel center, but
that the efficiency was compromised.  (I can't remember the source of
this, or maybe it was just a dream ???)  But, living in the mountains
with a handbrake that doesn't really hold the car on a hill can be
challenging at times-it seems I'm always going a bit farther than need
be to find a more level parking place.
Can anyone suggest a fix/mod to increase the holding power on the 4A
handbrake ?  Brakes work just fine (in good adjustment).
Many thanks for the contributions to the list from all (flames and no
flames)
Bud P.