RE: SU Carb Float Bowl Seals & Leaks

To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: SU Carb Float Bowl Seals & Leaks
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 07:00:16 -0800
>      My H6 float bowl seals leak on my TR3A.

Are you certain it's the seals that leak ?  There is a plug in the float bowl
between the two seal surfaces that might be leaking
... or the bowl casting itself might be porous.

You could try using Hylomar as a sealant, it's supposed to be able to stand up
to gasoline.  But I've never had any trouble getting
new seals to seal for at least a few months (even though they only last a few
years at best).  That is a special washer on the
mounting bolts, which should be only slightly concave if at all.  Any chance
yours has been replaced with a hardware store item ?

Randall