SU Carb Float Bowl Seals & Leaks

To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: SU Carb Float Bowl Seals & Leaks
From: "Bill Brewer" <bbrewer@qnet.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 05:38:13 -0800
     My H6 float bowl seals leak on my TR3A. I replaced them with new rubber
seals from MOSS and they still drip. I tried various degrees of tightening
down from very loose (fuel going everywhere) to all the way tight. I tried a
little vaseline on the seals to see if it helped them seat. The mating
surfaces where the seals fit on the float bowl looked pretty rought, in
desperation I tried smoothing them slightly carefully with a fine file, no
luck. I have some extra float bowls on another set of carbs that I can put
back on  if I need to.
    The float bowl mounting bolts are fine, as are the concave washers.
     I just rebuilt these carbs and they were a spare set. They were probably
dripping long before I got them.
     Any ideas on stopping the leaks? Is there any type of sealant that
helps?
     Help!

     Bill Brewer
     Tehachapi, California