Paint crinkling up

To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Paint crinkling up
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2004 07:22:41 -0800
     I recently spray painted some parts with XO-rust paint (Rustoleum knock
off) from my local Tru-Value hardware store. The paint has worked fine in the
past, but on one of my parts the paint would crinkle up in certain places. The
part was bead blasted and wiped down with lacquer thinner before painting. I
then waited and painted when it was about 60 degrees F and the can said it has
to be at least 50 degrees F. I gave it a first coat and then a second coat the
next day. I tried recoating within an hour. I tried thicker coats and thinner
coats I tried several variations on how to paint it, but would always get some
crinkles. Any ideas what causes this?

     -Bill Brewer
     Tehachapi, California