Lubing TR3 Wiper Shafts

To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Lubing TR3 Wiper Shafts
From: "Bill Brewer" <bbrewer@qnet.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2004 07:15:56 -0800
     I just got my wipers going again. Is there a convenient way to lube the
wiper drive shaft/cable? It looks like it should have some sort of grease
fitting, but I don't see one. I went to the outboard wiper box and squirted
some WD40 into it, but wish that I could grease it instead. I am thinking
about trying to rig up some trickiness with duct tape and a grease gun and
pump grease through from the drive end until it oozes out the drive cable on
the passenger side. Has anyone else done this? What have other listers done?
     Then again, like Lucas employees being sure to get home before dark, I
could just not drive the TR in the rain (like a good boy, it barely rains here
anyway).

     Bill Brewer
     Tehachapi, California