Re: Most Dangerous Tool

To: "Triumphs List" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>, <terryrs@adelphia.net>
Subject: Re: Most Dangerous Tool
From: "Anthony Rhodes" <spamiam@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 15:56:44 -0500
You said that compressed air in tires might be "unreasonable".  Well, it is
not.  In this case familiarity breeds contempt.  I put air in tires without a
though all the time, but I know one guy who was killed by a flying piece of a
truck rim.  Hit in the head.  I also saw a guy who had surgery on both arms
because an AUTOMOTIVE tire failed in some weird spectacular way.  He was
working in a shop and was getting an old wheel and tire off a shelf.  It
dropped and hit the ground.  It exploded and was propelled upward into his
forearms.  Both were broken like matchsticks.

-Tony