Re: Most Dangerous Tool

To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Most Dangerous Tool
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 22:46:48 -0500
Terry Smith said

> I can't help being deathly afraid, like of heights, whenever I take an air
> hose to a tire,

This one resonates with me. Whenever my compressor turns on I arrange to be
behind something solid. I think my respect for compressed air comes from an
incident from my foolish youth, when I was inflating one of the tires of my
'58 Lambretta 150LD from the unregulated air line in a lab at the University
of Waterloo, The halves of the two piece wheel were held together with three
nuts and bolts (inadequate restraint, in retrospect), at nice 120 degree
increments.

It just missed my head, and my hand (which was holding the air line) was
numb for a month. A very sobering experience. I'm also afraid of heights.

Don Knudsen,
59 TR3A